Send an E-Mail to
Both Of Us
Press "Ctrl-D" to bookmark this page.
Welcome To Our News Page
This page contains news concerning what we have been up to and about our family & friends.
What We Are Up To
To read more about and see pictures of some of the places we have visited click here.
Our Family And Friends
- Mid-April into early June 2015 we went on a road trip around the country. We visited several National Parks (Zion, Yosemite, Denali, Yellowstone, Wind Cave, and Badlands) & National Monuments (Gateway Arch and Mount Rushmore). We also visited some privately owned attractions (Crazy Horse Monument, Thunderhead Falls, and Wall Drug). We spent a few days in Branson, Mo seeing several shows while we were there. Our visit to Denali National Park was included in a sea/land cruise of Alaska. We visited family & friends around the country.
- From late March into early April 2014 we went on a road trip around the country that spanned more than 6000 miles. We spent a few days each in Nashville, TN and Memphis, TN. We went on a riverboat cruise from Memphis to New Orleans, LA. We visited with many relatives and friends around the country.
- In September 2013 we went on a Hawaiian vacation. We went to the island of Oahu, staying in Waikiki. We had a wonderful time there.
- Our 2013 camping trips with the two other couples with whom we do yearly camping trips are to Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. The Pennsylvania trip is to the area of the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. The rail trail goes through a 16 mile stretch of the Grand Canyon. The Massachussets trip was to the western part of the state near Mt Greylock. The rail trail runs along a river for a round trip of 26 miles.
- We joined a camping group, on Memorial Day weekend 2013 we went on our first camping trip with them.
- In March-April 2013 we did a one-month/8300 mile auto-trip. We visited several relatives and friends around the country and spent a week in Key West, FL at a time-share of some friends. We drove through/visited in 22 states and one Canadian province.
- In February 2012 we visited with our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren who live the furthest from us. During this visit we met our newest great-grandson, Ryan.
- In February 2012 we finally were able to join the Lord's Builders on a mission trip to Alabama to help rebuild a church there. The Lord's Builders is the mission for which we collect donations at the line dancing dances we hold.
- In October 2011 we went on a two week cruise including cruising through the Panama Canal, then we spent a week visiting the families of our kids that live the furthest from us.
- In September, 2011 Dale retired.
- In April 2011 Ernie retired.
For more information about our family; visit Our family page.
- Our fifth great-grandchild and first great-granddaughter, Trinity RaeLynn, was born May 28, 2016. She was born at 12:29 AM, was 18 inches long and weighed 6lbs 0.3oz.
- Ernie's Mom passed away on April 15, 2012. We are thankful for having had such a wonderful Mom. We are especially thankful for the last two years of having her with us. After being told by doctors that they could do no more for her and we should say your final goodbyes, she recovered to the point that she had almost two years of being relatively healthy, completely alert, and happy. We thank God that when the end came it was quick and almost completely suffering-free.
For more information about trips we have taken; visit our Places we have visited page.
Return to Top.